Who am I?
Who is this person that thinks they can advise you on exercise on your journey to motherhood?! Here are 10 points that might answer your questions.
If you still want to know more my CV is below.
- I am a 30 something mum of two daughters, living on the South Coast with my lovely boyf, two daughters and two cats.
- I work as a Communications Manager alongside my fitness career and family life so I know how hard it can be to find the time to exercise!
- I am a qualified Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer (specialising in ante and post natal exercise). I am also fittamamma.com’s fitness expert and have written for many national magazines like Prima Baby.
- Exercise for mums and mums-to-be has been my passion for years; I have read everything I can find on the subject and taught lots of pregnant ladies. I want to share what I have learnt and experienced.
- I exercised regularly throughout my pregnancies, following the 3-Plan and took it up again (starting the build up plan) the day after I had both girls.
I had a healthy, enjoyable pregnancies with no sick days off work.
- I had a very straightforward labours that only lasted a few hours and didn’t have any pain relief. I think being fit and strong was a huge advantage. I also did a hypnobirthing course which made a real difference.
- I did my first marathon eight months after having Elise in 4 hours and 40 minutes.
- I put on 29 pounds when I was pregnant the first time (7 pounds in the last week – mainly water I think!) and lost my pregnancy weight in 2 weeks, without even needing to try after following 3-Plan. The second time the water retention was crazy and I put on 37 pounds, over a stone of water in week 39!
- I want to make you love exercise like I do!
Still unsure about me?! Here’s the rest…..
I teach lots of exercise classes including aerobics, step, ante/post natal, legs bums and tum, body conditioning, circuits, ab and back and love every minute!
Fitness qualifications and dates obtained:
- Ante/post Natal Fitness Specialist – June 2012
- REPS Level 3 Instructor
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Personal Training – April 2010
(Component modules and marks listed below*)
- Ante/post natal fitness – February 2010
- Level 3 Advanced Fitness Instructor (CV and resistance) – December 2009
- Level 3 Nutrition and Weight Management – August 2009
- Level 2 Gym Instructor – July 2009
- Emergency first aid – 2006 and 2009 (certification lasts 3 years)
- Level 2 NVQ Exercise to Music Instructor – February 2008
- Spinning Clinic – January 2007
- Level 2 Exercise and Fitness Knowledge – July 2006
- Level 1 NVQ Exercise to Music Instructor – July 2006.
- I am also fully CRB checked (carried out by Impulse Leisure)
- IDM Developing an Integrated Media Strategy (1 day, 2011)
- IDM Certificate in Digital Marketing – CertDigM, (6 days, 2006)
- Several other professional short courses including leadership and management, report writing, social media strategy, effective appraisals, data protection, project management, creative problem solving, communicating with your team. Technical: Photoshop, Fireworks, Indesign, Dreamweaver and web usability.
- C and G 7307 Teaching Adult Learners Certificate (2003)
- MSc Information Systems – Portsmouth University (2000 – 2001)
- BSc Biology – Portsmouth University (1997 – 2000). First Class Honours
- A-levels – 4 at grades A – B. GCSEs – 9 at grades A* – B.
Personal Trainer. December 2009 – present.
Fitness Instructor. July 2006 – present.
Communications Manager – Brighton and Hove Hospitals NHS Trust. March 2008 – present.
Marketing and Recruitment Manager – University of Southampton. September 2005 – March 2008.
Prior to this, after leaving uni in 2001 I was Web Manager at the University of Southampton and Chichester College and also did freelance web design and development work and some short term commercial contracts.
- I love going out with my boyfriend, family and friends and love Italian food.
- I love running (and all types of exercise and outdoorsy things really).
- I enjoy films and love going to the cinema (although not much chance for that these days!).
- I have a passion for fashion and love shopping.
*The Diploma modules include:
Marks shown where available:
Level 3 – Nutrition and weight management (Theory 45/50, Case study max marks)
Level 3 – Advanced gym programming / personal training
Level 2 – Gym instructing
Business skills (56/57)
Alternative training environments (26/26)
Level 3 – Exercise and fitness knowledge (38/40)
Ante / post natal fitness
Health screening (30/30)